Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting hits (2)

I have been getting so many spammed comments on the entry reproduced below that I have decided to delete it, in the hope that my statistics will return to normal (unlike many men, who don't care if certain female attributes and/or responses are real or not, I want my ego stroked by real readers leaving real comments. Vade retro, spammer, and take your spammer hits with you! I will not be tempted by false pleasures).

Having however being brought up with the maxim "waste not, want not", I cannot in good conscience just throw it away a perfectly good blog entry, so here is the content again.

===========
More on getting hits (ow!)

In response to a previous entry, a friend of mine suggested that in order to get more hits, I should write entries containing lots of oft-used search terms like "free sex" "first-class dating service" "lose weight quick", "how to get what you want", "find the right job", "big prizes" "success guaranteed"etc., and also including them in the (invisible) list of keywords and even the meta-data of the site.

In fact, if it were just about the hit statistics, I would be tempted, but then it would make more sense to include terms like "US Open", "Euro 2012 Football", the names of celebrities like "Matthew Mcconaaughey" (prizes for spelling that name correctly, though), "Katie Holmes" etc.

Even better, according to another friend, would be to create strings combining these search terms in a more or less meaningful way, e.g. "How to find a job taking Matthew Mcconaaughey and/or Katie Holmes to the US Open, on a date" or "big prizes for people who lose weight by having free sex".

Of course, the point is not to get people to hit (on) me, the point is for them to read my musings.
Also, there is a good chance that access to my blog will be restricted because of one little word beginning with and s and ending with an x (hint: it is not a musical instrument).

===========

Now let's see how long the spammers take to find it again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment