Wednesday, March 11, 2015

More on rhythms

In "Rhythms, rhyme and reason" I wrote about all kinds of cycli in the natural and the man-made world. Now, it is time for me to "create" one of my own. I use quotation marks to indicate that "creation" is a bit of a misnomer, because in fact, what I am "creating" probably would probably have happened anyway, whether I wanted it to or not: I think I will probably start writing more blog entries again. If you look at the numbers of entries per year, you will see clear peaks in the years 2009 and 2012, i.e. there seems to be a three-year cyclus, with 2015 as the next peak year.
And who am I to resist the cycles of nature? :-)

What will I write about? Same old, same old. The human condition. Accepting the inevitable. Enjoying the first rays of Spring, and the distant sound of cars drifting in through the open window. The ups and downs of the pollen counts. The mild withdrawal headache you get when you stay in bed too long, and miss your first cup of coffee of the day. Hearing your daughter sing with headphones on, without any of the backing music. Little things and big things, art, music, science. Life, the Universe and Everything.

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment